Harold J. Brody, M.D. is a dermatologist and dermatologic surgeon in Atlanta, Georgia. Dr. Brody continues to be honored as one of the top Doctors in America and Southeast and has served on the Board of Directors for the American Academy of Dermatology.
- American Board of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Academy of Dermatology
- Fellow, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Undergraduate: Duke University, B.A.
- Medical School: Medical University of South Carolina, M.D.
- Post Doctoral Training: University of Texas Medical School, Internal Medicine
- Residency: Emory University, Dermatology, Chief Resident
- Clinical Professor of Dermatology at Emory University Medical School in Atlanta
Dr. Brody lectures extensively at professional meetings nationwide and is the author of over 80 book chapters and journal articles. He had been selected by Town & Country Magazine as one of their Top Cosmetic Surgeons in the U.S., by Self Magazine as one of their 32 national “flawless dermatologists,” and Atlanta Magazine as a Top Doctor. He was also selected by his peers for inclusion as one of the 2,000 best doctors in America and in the Southeast.
He received the Clark Finnerud Award, the national award for Best Teacher, by the Dermatology Foundation in 2009. He became a visiting professor in Cosmetic Dermatologic Surgery for the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery in 2012 and has visited many medical schools to teach dermatology residents and faculty. His collegiate visits include Tufts, Tulane, LSU, Columbia University, Saint Louis University, the University of Missouri and the University of Utah, among others. To view some of his publications, click here.
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- American Society of Liposuction Surgery
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery
- American Academy of Dermatology
- North American Society of Phlebology
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- American Medical Association
- Society for Investigative Dermatology
- Medical Association of Georgia
- International Peeling Society
Dr. Brody is the author of two textbooks on chemical peeling and resurfacing, which were published by Mosby-Yearbook. The third edition of Chemical Peeling and Resurfacing has been released in paperback at Amazon.com. He is the author of more than 80 publications in the field of Dermatology and Dermatologic Surgery.
Professional Achievement & Awards
- Board of Directors, American Academy of Dermatology, 2003-2007
- Residents’ Best Teacher Award, Emory University Department of Dermatology
- Member, BOTOX® Training Faculty
- President, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery 2000-2001
- Listed in Best Doctors in America and Best Doctors in the Southeast
- Past President, Atlanta Dermatological Association
- Chairman, Council on Communications, American Academy of Dermatology
- President, Georgia Society of Dermatologists, 2000-2001
- Board Certified in Dermatology
- Dermatology Foundation’s Clark Finnerud Award for Best National Clinical Faculty Teacher, 2009
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery’s Samuel J. Stegman Award in Dermatologic Surgery, 2009
- Visiting Professor in Cosmetic Dermatologic Surgery, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Expert Injector Program, 2015; www.expertinjector.org
President, International Peeling Society, 2016, www.peelingsociety.com
Member, Kybella, BOTOX and Fillers Training Faculty for Allergan
2016 ASDS “Leadership in Innovation” Award and Lecture
Dr. Brody has been interviewed extensively on a variety of topics by the CNN, NBC, CBS, PBS, ABC and Fox Networks. He has contributed to print versions on topics in dermatology and dermatologic surgery in most major periodicals, including Town and Country, Vogue, Allure and Atlanta magazines. He has also appeared in articles online for Web MD.View Research & Publications